Paisley Museum Reimagined is the Data Controller of any personal information collected by Paisley Museum Reimagined.
Our objects are to manage the development and delivery of the fundraising strategy for Paisley Museum and to drive the capital appeal for the redevelopment of Paisley Museum and Gallery. We aim to further Paisley’s cultural regeneration by supporting the transformation of Paisley into a vibrant cultural destination.
Why do we need your personal information?
We don’t receive any personal data about you other than what you provide us. You are not required to provide personal data to us. Note, however, that your failure to do so may affect our ability to provide the services you request. For example, we are unable to process your donation if you do not provide your payment information.
You can supply your personal information to us if you would like to make a donation, or if you would like to be included on our mailing list.
We need to handle personal information about you so that we can:
- Collect and process donations; and
- Keep supporters of our fundraising campaign up to date with our progress, including project progression and financial targets.
We recognise that your personal information belongs to you and we don’t wish to use it in ways that you don’t want us to. When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it;
- ask only for what we need;
- protect your personal information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t;
- take proportionate precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- let you know if we share it with any other organisations;
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary; and
- not use your personal information for marketing without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information, and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes (such as new contact details).
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how your information will be used.
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectification, which is the right to require us to correct any mistakes.
- The right to request the erasure of any personal information held by us where we no longer have a legal reason to hold the information.
- The right to request that your information is only processed in certain ways.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to us processing your personal information.
These are not absolute rights are there may be circumstances where we are legally obliged to process your information in a particular way.
Sharing your information
In most circumstances, we will process your data with your consent, for example when you subscribe to receive email newsletters, however in some circumstances we may be legally obliged to share certain data with other public bodies such as Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and will do so where the law requires this. We will also generally comply with requests for specific information from other regulatory and law enforcement bodies where this is necessary and proportionate.
Transferring information outside the UK.
We will not transfer personal data outside the UK.
Profiling and automatic decision making
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary. With your consent, we will hold personal data for the full four-year period of the fundraising campaign. The campaign is due to finish in 2022 and we would like to keep all supporters up to date with the progress of the campaign until the end. Once we no longer need to keep your information, it will be securely destroyed. Please let us know if you would prefer your information to be securely destroyed before this time.
How can you stop receiving communications from us?
There are two ways you can stop direct communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- Write to: Fundraising Team, 5A High Street, Paisley, PA1 2AE
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Right to complain
When we ask you for information, we will abide by all relevant legislation, including the Data Protection Act 2018. However, if you are unhappy with the way we process your personal data you have the right to complain.
Any complaints regarding your data should be addressed to: Fundraising Team, 5A High Street, Paisley, PA1 2AE.
If the matter is not resolved, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can also provide independent data protection advice. The address and contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Officer are:
45 Melville Street
Telephone: 0131 244 9001